CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, June 16, 2008

The other red meat???

Today DH and I went to the 'Shellfish Festival' at the marina near where we live. The best part of moving 2 minutes from the ocean is all the fresh seafood. We sampled, clam chowder, oyster burger and BBQ oysters. We shared a tasting plate of each food and because seafood is so good for you i estimated I only used 5 points for the entire event. For dinner tonight we were feeling adventurous so I made Bison Burgers. DH has eaten bison a few times, but this was my fist time. They were pretty good - next time I will buy the ground bison and make the patties myself to add some more flavour.



I got a bit sunburned today and I'm feeling dehydrated tonight so I'm off to bed with a delicious glass of ice water. I hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

JanetM97 said...

ok, not sure I can do the bison burgers, though they look very tasty! Your seafood festival sounds v. fun! :)

BITR Country Girl said...

actually Bison is said to be much healthier for you than beef. I haven't tried it yet but I might have too.