CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, October 2, 2008

WI#30 +1 lb

I put off WI until today hoping my super water guzzling abilities would put me back to where I was before vacation but I came up a pound short. I am fine with that - I had a great time on my trip - ate ate some great restaurants with some great friends and did not feel deprived - that was worth a pound to me.

I have kept my promises to myself this week. I have kept to my 29 points each day, drank at least 2 litres of water each day and have gone to the gym 4 days in a row. I just returned from my workout tonight and I think I will take a day off tomorrow. I completed day 2 of week 4 in my C25K program but it was a tough one tonight.

The intervals are 3min run, 90sec walk, 5 min run, 2.5min walk, 3min run, 90sec walk, 5 min run. Yesterday I did it for the first time and it went pretty well. I should have taken a day in between because I really struggled tonight even with the 3 min runs. I am proud that I completed it but I literally doubted myself every second of the way and the constant battle in my head made me just as tired as the physical exertion. I think I was just in a bad mental place. Tomorrow I am abstaining from the gym but I will take my dog for a long walk and do 30min on my DDR - that always makes me happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing amazing! I do think taking a break in between runs isn't such a bad idea though, until you get use to it. You are an inspiration. Good luck, I know you can do it!

JanetM97 said...

Congrats on the running! You are doing so great! Running is funny with those days you are really feeling off your game, eh? I guess we have those tired moments in other things, but in running, you really notice it. Some races you have great runs, other times you really struggle. weird.

Do you have the new DDR? I think I might do some later. DDR2 is easier (thus far anyway). I feel kind of flu-ish today though- so easy is good. Congrats again on the running AND the weight loss!