CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm back... for a moment

I finally have a few minutes to sit down and pour out all of the stress and frustration I am feeling onto my blog buddies. Last week my brother and his fiance came to stay with me for 5 days as she recovered from day surgery. She had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation at a clinic near where I live and needed to stay close by for the fist days of her recovery. I definitely don't judge her decision to have these surgeries but she is a tiny tiny girl who, after having 2 babies in 2 years, wanted her old body back. It caused some interesting emotions within me as I have always envied has body (both in size and fertility!) It is hard for me to relate to how she can be so unhappy with her body, I guess we all have body image issues no matter what shape or size!

The hardest part of having them here was the junk food that my brother brought into my house. My brother is 2 years older than me and my parents adopted him when he was an infant. He is tall, dark and skinny - the complete opposite of me - and has never had to watch what he eats. I did not succumb to the junk food but it was strange to have that food back in my house again. I had not seen them in quite awhile and the first thing they both mentioned was that they were amazed at the pictures I had posted on facebook of our bike trip, and how much weight I had lost. My brother and I have a complicated relationship, it meant a lot that he noticed and was clearly proud of me.

On Sunday I drove the 4 hours to visit DH as he had to work for the long weekend. It was a relaxing visit - we went to the Golf Club for Thanksgiving dinner last night. I ate the whole deal - turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream. It was good - I have no idea of the points so I will call it my Flex for the week and move on.

I have to go to Victoria for work for a few days tomorrow morning. I am dropping the pup off at my parents tonight and since I will not be around for my WW meeting this week I am going to go with my Mom to the one in her town tonight. That means this WI will only be 5 days... I hope to see a 217 ish number again.

Exercise was good this week. 3 days at the gym and one aqua fit class. I am still plugging away slowly at the C25K - I have done the week 4 intervals 6 times now and just do not feel ready to move on yet. I complete it every time but my heart rate is up higher than I would like at the end of the last 5 min run. I think I will do one more week and then move on to the 8 min runs of week 5.

Sorry my posting has been so sporadic... I guess learning to mold this new healthy lifestyle around an irregular routine is just another challenge for me!

Hope you are all doing well - I'm off to check on your blogs now and catch up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGS that must have been really hard for you and very emotional. Sometimes it is very hard to deal with other people's body issues.

Anonymous said...

Good for you resisting the junk food...that is hard to do and you did it. Also good for you going to WI even if it is early because you can not make the regular one. These are triumphs!!