CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My silliest but best NSV so far

Last December my sister and her family went to Disneyland. Before they left my 8 year old niece asked me who my favourite Disney character was. I jokingly told her it was Grumpy (a la the Seven Dwarfs). When they got back from their vacation she was so excited to give me a gift she bought with her own money. It was the flannel PJ's that I am wearing in the picture below with Grumpy all over them. They were an XL and they did not even come close to fitting. Of course I told her that I loved them and would wear them every night. I found them in my closet last night and they not only fit but are almost too big! I can't wait for the next time she sleeps over and I put them on - she will be so excited! I just had to share this NSV and the PJ picture (even though pink flannel would not be flattering no matter what size I am).


This next picture is a motivational one. I have never been the type to buy clothes too small in hopes I would fit into them some day, but I broke my own rule when I was in Calgary last week. I have coveted this LouLou Lemon Hoodie for a long time, the largest size they make is a 12... It has always been my onederland reward. I went to the store 3 times while I was on vacation so finally I bought it. It is now hanging front and center on my closet door where I will see it everyday and I will try it on every Wednesday after my WI. I feel good at the size I am now - I know I will feel GREAT when that hoodie fits comfortably.


While I was out of town my mom and dad came to house sit/ dog sit for us (they are retired). My mom saw my WW cookbooks and probably my point tracker etc. I have never told her that I am going to WW meetings, of course she has noticed the weight loss and complimented me but at the beginning I just wanted this to be my choice, for me with no pressure or expectations from anyone else so I never mentioned it. My mom has been overweight since she had my sister 42 years ago and I can remember her doing WW at various points of my childhood. I know I got some bad eating habits from my parents but I was brought up with loads of self-confidence and self esteem no matter how much I weighed. I don't blame either of my parents for my weight issues but it is not something generally spoken about at family get-togethers. My sister lost a lot of weight about 3 years ago (size 18 to a size 8) and we were all thrilled for her but it didn't go to far in motivating the rest of us.

Ok, now I'm rambling.. back to the point of the story. When I returned home my mom told me she had borrowed my recipe books because she was starting WW again after a health scare and some tough words from her doctor. I am excited that she will be jumping on the healthy living bandwagon and it will be good to have someone else to share recipes and great finds with. My parents are the least judgemental people I know, so I am glad that we will be able to share with out feeling pressure.

I invited her over for lunch tomorrow and am planning a great healthy delicious meal for us. Turkey meatballs, homemade tomato sauce, whole wheat pasta and a spinach salad. Mmmm. Hopefully I will be in a great mood after my WI tomorrow morning (as of this morning I am still showing up 2 lbs after vacation).

So, onto my recap of this weeks plan.. eating within points (YES) 1 hour each day at the gym (YES) 2 Litres of water each day (YES)

I had a mini victory on the treadmill today. I decided to (once again!!) do a day of week 3 of the C25K. As I was completing my final 3min run I decided that I was feeling pretty good and kept going for another 2 minutes. I know running for 5 minutes does not sound like much of a victory but for me it is a big deal. I have been putting off moving onto week 4 because 5 minutes seemed like attempting to climb a mountain. I didn't fall, I didn't have a heart attack, me runners did not spontaneously combust... woo hoo maybe I will become a runner yet! Onto week four day one tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome NSV!!!

although I mightcould be saying that since Im a big pajama/nick & nora fan :)

Unknown said...

Oh that is such a great feeling when you can fit into those clothes that you couldnt before.

I also LOVE your new hoodie. Just keep looking at it and imagining yourself wearing it :-)

Holly said...

What a bunch of great NSVs!!!! Congratulations! And I loooove the Lulu hoodie. I'm still too intimidated to go into that store, though I'm pretty sure I might fit into some of their pants now as I heard they can run big. But it's probably better for my wallet that I never go there LOL.

Rhonda said...

Love the pj's and the hoodie! I'm sure you will be wearing it soon. Keep up the great job!

JanetM97 said...

Yeah for all your happy news! love the jacket and the pjs, too. :)

butterfly said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!

Buying that hoodie was a fantastic move. It's super cute!

How AWESOME do you feel???