CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Festival Food....

I used to really like food that comes on a stick. Ice cream, candy apples, skewered meat, cotton candy, corn dogs... I think you get the picture. My DH and I recently when to the annual festival in our home town. This year I was not really tempted by the 'food on a stick booths', but the salmon bbq is a tradition that I could not pass up. They catch salmon in the morning and then grill it over a wood fired with the most delicious herb marinade. It has been the same since I was a little girl and it is the best meal I have all year. A few small changes to the meal and I enjoyed it as much as ever. I had the whole wheat roll (no butter), the baked potato with a tsp of butter (no sour cream) and I skipped the salad (very creamy mystery dressing all over it). The salmon was the highlight and although high in points it is one of the healthiest foods you can eat - and I enjoyed every bite (as you can see by the picture).


On to other news. I completed Week3 Day1 of the C25K on Friday with flying colours. I actually found it quite easy. The format is


5 min warmup

90 sec run

90sec walk

3 min run

3min walk

(repeat )

5 min cool down


I will do week3 day2 tomorrow after work.


Hope you all had a great weekend!

10 comments:

JanetM97 said...

congrats on the food-on-a-stick will power and cute picture! :) I'm trying to get my run/walking back going, too. The program you are following sounds great.

Julie said...

Good for you for staying away from food on a stick. You made some good changes to your meal, way to go!

Kristen said...

your face has really slimmed down! good job!!

cdndyme said...

I just need to say...
YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!!
Truly, you are just glowing!
**SMILES**

blendergrl said...

Thanks for the compliments (I'm blushing!)

Janet - the C25K program is great, I used to run a lot many many years ago and this program gently eases you back in - I can go at my own pace, moving on when I feel ready.

Unknown said...

I love that kind of food but I havent had a corn dog in years. Good for you!

You are doing great

Chrissie said...

The salmon burger sounds wonderful. Good job on making good choices. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

ooohh the salmon sounds yummy!

VERY cute pic! You look so happy! =)

Jenny said...

You look SO cute in this picture! I can tell you are losing weight! Keep it up!

http://gravityonobject.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

You are very inspiriing, I have about 40lbs to lose and can't quite find the motivation. My friend Jenks, is doing a great job and has lost about 20ish lbs.

I think I don't start because I am afraid I can't finish (stick to it)
I will keep chking in on you!
congrats.