CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WI#29 -3.4

That's more like it! I will take this as the scales way of apologizing for last week! A few milestones reached with this 3.4 pounds gone forever; 50lbs lost, my weight is in the 'teens' and another point gone from my daily WW allowance.

I feel so in control of my body right now. It is amazing how much your body will tell you if you are willing to listen. Now that 50lbs of fat are gone I can feel water retention, real hunger pains, lack of sleep, lack of protein and low blood sugar. All of these things were just blended together before and I was not listening to the signs my body was giving me. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else but I think this is a major key to making this a permanent change in my life.

Today at my WW meeting we talked about the power that absolute thinking can have over our weight loss efforts. Thinking 'I can never have that again' or 'I always overeat in a certain situation' will only sabotage my efforts. I have lost the first 50 pounds by being very strict with myself - I have only occasionally dipped into my weekly flex points and have avoided my trigger foods almost completely (mostly potato chips, pizza, white pasta to name a few). I have begun to indulge a little in these items, making them fit within my points and learning to listen to my body and resist the urge to binge. This is how I will success long term. I need to think like a thin person - enjoy a reasonable amount of the foods I love and stay in control - not let them control me. I am hoping at the end of the next 50 pounds the transformation will not only be physical but mental as well.

Thanks for being here for my rant!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVELOVELOVEIT.

on all levels.
you will succeed long term because you believe you can and you see yourself in that way. and the fact that you have made that leap to HEARING what your body is saying?
so hard.
SO LIFE CHANGING.
SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

M.

SeaShore said...

Wow - congrats on the 3.4 loss!!

I had been deducting a point whenever I hit a new weight decade, too. Then my leader brought up decreasing points in a meeting. She said "why deduct points if you're still losing weight? Don't you want to eat more food? Deduct when your weight loss stops."

I asked about it on 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet, and others had heard of this too. So I stopped deducting but I'm still losing. Mind you, I might be losing faster if I had kept deducting!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share :) and congrats again!

Felicia said...

Huge CONGRATS on your loss!! That is just AWESOME!!

*huggles*
=0)

Fattie said...

yes...congratulations! Really listening to and understanding what your body is saying is a HUGE step to not only losing the weight, but keeping it off.

Julie said...

WOOHOO!!!
Way to go!
You are doing fantastic. It's sometimes hard to listen to our bodies, but we need to stop and listen if we are getting to our goals.