CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, July 7, 2008

12 AP points today!

After work today my DH, SIL and I went to the pool for a swim. 1 hour and 2km later (and 6 ap) we left feeling good and tired! We had a delicious dinner of BBQ lettuce wraps. My favourite restaurant in Calgary was Bow Bulgogi and they make the most delicious chicken that you wrap with veggies and rice in big lettuce leaves. I was missing the fun lunches we used to have there so created my own version. I found a plastic tub of lettuce leaves at superstore that are specifiacally for this purpose. They are big, crisp and strong. A little rice, mushrooms, chicken and hoisin sauce and for a moment I was back at my favourite restaurant!


After dinner DH suggested a walk and it was the perfect evening. Just starting to cool off and a slight breeze. We decided to go in a direction we had not gone before and the next thing you know we had walked 5 km and two hours had slipped away as we chatted and looked at the beautiful mountains.. we really have moved to one of the most beautiful places on Earth! Much of this walk was uphill and I was not winded at all! Pre-WW I would have been red faced and out of breath, tonight was easy and enjoyable! So another 6 ap earned and I think I will sleep well tonight!


Here are some pictures of the Korean Chicken Lettuce Wraps.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work on being so active! Thebest part is, that it was fun activity!

And those wraps look delicious! I gotta try that out one day! Thanks!

JanetM97 said...

Yeah for the non-winded walk and yeah for the restaurant recreations! I'm sure they were also lower points than the restaurant version, too. I like the idea of a lettuce wrap- crunchy with a inside kick. I'll have to try them, too. :)

Rhonda said...

I love to check out your blog ,because I love to see the great dishes you make,I'm going to try this one out.Good for you for doing all that activity!

cdndyme said...

~smiles~
from one Calgarian Refugee to another, BC really is one of the best places on earth!
I am so glad you are enjoying the natural splendor. I can never get enough of it.
Those wraps looks GREAT. What type of seasoning did you use?