CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, February 27, 2009

Juicy


A couple of years ago when I was trying all sorts of crazy diets I did a juice fast. For 14 days I ate no solid food and only drank fruit and vegetable juice/ soup that I made at home. The idea is that when your body does not have to work to digest your food it help clear all the toxins out of your system. This website gives a lot of information on Juice Fasting. I will not go into the details but the fasting definitely worked for me as a detox. Two weeks was a long time, I have never done that again but have done two or three day fasts a few times, but not since I have started WW a year ago.

I was cleaning out my cupboards yesterday and found my juicer. It is a really heavy duty one that you can just shove whole fruits and veggies in with no peeling or chopping required (except citrus). I had forgotten how much I love fresh carrot apple juice. I am not sure how to count points for it though, 6 smallish carrots and two apples (cut with 1/3 h20) makes about a litre of juice. I think 4 points should cover it???? For the next week I am going to take this drink to work to keep me going through the day.

Any other juicers out there?? Any one have a favourite juice recipe??

3 comments:

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

Mmm, your juice sounds so yummy! I'm not too sure what you would count it as. I know two apples is two points. And four carrots would be about 3-4 cups worth I would think right? If it's four cups that's 3.5 points according to my WW calculator. Hope that helps a bit!

blendergrl said...

I wonder how many calories are taken out with the pulp. Most of the nutrients are in the juice - but Im sure there are a few calories in the left over mush :)

Even google has not helped with this one..

Heidi said...

We just bought a heavy duty juicer and I haven't yet gone looking for recipe ideas for it. DH has used it alot. The concept is good, but so far everything he's made is not appealing to me.