CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Who is this blogger, and what has she done with Blendergirl??

Where had this girl been for the past six months? I am tracking my food, counting calories, going to the gym, trying new recipes, resisting temptation... Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh it feels so good to have the healthy me back!! I have been OP for 14 days now - and I feel happy, strong and excited! Two weeks seems to be my sweet spot for getting the junk out of my system, and regaining my motivation and energy.

Here are some food pics from yesterday. I had the day off with DH so I got up and made us waffles. I used this recipe from Mr. Breakfast.com this massive portion with some homemade apple topping was 450calories but full of fibre and good things that kept me going for hours.



Dinner on Tuesday night was fried rice - filled with veggies and some scrambled egg for protein. It was really tasty and filling.




Yesterday was the first dinner I made for my weight loss buddy (from now on I will call her S). She requested yam fries and my cereal coated chicken fingers (organic of course) and I made a new coleslaw recipe. It needs to sit for a few hours and then be drained - much lighter than the mayonaisey version I usually make - if I added some nuts and fruit it would make a great lunch.
Dressing is:
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp honey
salt and pepper to taste


Page 5 of this link to Clean Eating Magazine has the recipe for the Carrot Ginger Dip recipe from my last post as well as a Cranberry-Honey-Mustard sauce I tried out yesterday. It shows it with Tilapia but I made it for the chicken I was sending to work with DH. I had to double the amount of honey as it was too tangy for his taste but I really liked the flavour. The recipe makes a ton of sauce so I froze it in ice cube trays and put the cubes in a baggy for future uses.







Last picture of the day is this cute pink and silver sparky notebook in which I am recording my daily food intake/calories and exercise. I have not journaled consistently in a very long time, even though I know that is a big key to success. Feels good to be holding myself accountable again!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your food looks so good! I love making fried rice too! I was trying to eat healthy on my own over xmas but was just maintaining, and now that I'm back to tracking I'm dropping again. It does feel good being healthy! Lucky you to have found a buddy to do this with :)

Unknown said...

great job on the tracking and back to eating healthy! :) Yiipeee! I like your leftover sauce idea. :)