CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This post brought to you by the letter C

Chickpeas and Carrots

A couple of quick food pictures from. I had a very late dinner after yoga class (which was great by the way!!) I made a big chickpea patty (like a giant falafal) and had it on a thin bun with sauteed mushrooms, low fat cheese, lettuce and a quick tzatziki sauce. It was incredibly messy but incredibly tasty.

I have a 'weight loss buddy' for the first time. A friend from work who happens to be exactly the same size as me. We both want to lose about 40 pounds this year and are going to try and hold each other accountable as well as being a support system. Her boyfriend (like my DH) is usually not home for dinner because of hiss work so we have decided to cook each other dinner once a week to help test out new healthy recipes and avoid the problem of eating alone in front of the TV.

I decided to make a snack for the girls at work and tried a new recipe from the oct/nov clean eating magazine. The dip is made of roasted carrots marinated in sherry vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey, cayenne pepper and cumin - all pureed together. I made a bid bunch of raw veggies to enjoy with it - the dip was very flavourful and low cal - a little went a long way to filling us up!


A few other victories to share from this past week: I have recorded 5 straight days of food/calorie intake in my journal and have come in at 1500 each day. I went to the gym three times, yoga class once and to the pool for lengths and aquasize once - that is 5 workouts in 7 days! I really hope I am back for good this time!



3 comments:

F. McButter Pants said...

You're doing great!

Great idea to eat with the buddy.

the dip looks good.

Unknown said...

That chick pea patty is calling my name! Recipe anywhere or did you make it up? :) I love the fact that you have a WL buddy! I eat dinner alone each night because my BF works late and I just cant eat at 7-730pm and yes, it is in front of the TV and sometimes I finished and dont even know that I ate! SAD! Mindless eating is not good! lol I love the idea of you guys cooking stuff together!

blendergrl said...

I make falafels so often that I just altered that recipe to make a patty. Basically a can of chick peas rinsed well, half an onion chopped, a clove of garlic, quarter cup of bread crumbs or oatmeal, two tbsp olive oil, and spices to taste (I used cumin, corriander, salt and pepper) Blitz in food processor, may have to add some water to help it along. Form into parties and pan fry.