CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, December 11, 2008

WI#37 +1.6 (boooooo)

I deserved every ounce of that 1.6lb gain. I am just glad that I managed to shed 5.4 of the pounds I gained during the birthday celebration (thank you water retention!) They introduced the new WW momentum program at my meeting tonight and although there are not many changes I am using this as motivation to step back and start from scratch again - using the new tracker, weighing all my food etc.... the one change i am excited about is the ability to save up your AP and use them any time during the week.

Speaking of exercise, I went to a Bikram Yoga class last night. It was the hardest 90 minutes of my entire life!! If you have never heard of it I will give you a quick rundown (or click on the link for more details) The class is held in a room heated to 40 degrees. I went early so that I could get used to the heat before we got started. Just laying on my mat for 10 minutes made me start sweating. The movements in the class were very slow and controlled and within 15 minutes the sweat started pouring down my face, arms, and legs. About 30 minutes into the class we did a pose that required us to bend down and touch our toes - as we slowly came back up I thought I was going to faint - I laid on my mat for about 2 minutes (as many others did at various times during the class) and tried to compose myself.

My heart rate has never been so high for so long before! The heat really loosens your muscles and I was amazed at how far I could stretch my body (should have heard warning bells here - but the heat made me delirious). I finished the class and was very proud of myself as I left - legs shaky and head pounding. I got home and crawled into the shower, then crawled into bed and promptly fell asleep... and stayed asleep until this morning (an amazing feat for an insomniac like me). This morning I felt great.. as the day went on I began to stiffen up. By 5pm I felt like I was wearing a full body corset. Now (8pm) I am so sore!!! I need to go to the bathroom but the idea of bending to sit on the toilet makes me want to cry... the crazy stretching my body seemed to do easily in the class has definitely caught up with me!

In summary, I think I will go to another yoga class soon.. but I think Bikram (hot sweaty torture) Yoga will not be in my near future!

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*nodding*
life is a rush this morning but I had to say I ENTIRELY agree. there were facets of bikram I really liked---but all & all it was farfar too long for me.

30 minutes? Id be in!

Anonymous said...

Way to go trying hot yoga! I've heard so much about it!!

Dont worry about the gain it will fall back off!! You enjoyed it..and now move on!! Starting fresh!

Anonymous said...

It's hard enough to stay on WW at Thanksgiving and Christmas w/o a birthday thrown in the mix! Be proud of yourself for sticking with it. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Julie said...

At least you tried the hot yoga. I was always wondering if I could do it, after reading your thoughts I don't think I will try until I am in better shape.
Don't worry too much about your WI, you'll loose it next week!

Rhonda said...

hello???? where have you been? Hope all is great!