CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Confession (and how to gain 7 pounds in 2 days)

Saturday was my birthday... and I celebrated!

I started the week doing so well. I ate on plan, got in some exercise and by Saturday morning my scale kindly told me I was 208.0lbs - Happy Birthday to Me! Some girlfriends came to see me for the weekend. We spent the day at the spa, had lunch at the spa, went shopping, had appetizers and wine at my house, and then went to my favourite restaurant for dinner, finally we finished off the night with Karaoke and wine into the wee hours of the morning.

It is a tradition that my husband makes me an elaborate birthday cake every year (he is a great baker) and this year he did this while the girls and I were at the spa. He left this 3 layer from scratch, covered in chocolate ganache, filled with white chocolate blackberry mousse and topped with chocolate covered strawberries) chocolate cake for us to find upon returning from the restaurant. He took off to his moms to avoid the night for karaoke madness. This cake was unbelievably good - but I'm guessing about 1000 calories a slice!!!



In no particular order my birthday weekend also included - movie popcorn, a hot dog, baked Camembert covered in walnuts, a martini and chocolate covered raisins. SIGH...

I really did try to eat everything in moderation (except the evil delicious cake) but getting in my water was a big problem. I stepped on the scale last night and it screamed at me 215!!!!!!!!! Seven pounds in three days.... yikes! Today was better - so far I have eaten 19 points and have drunk 2 litres of water. I just weighed myself at 212 so three of those birthday pounds are gone already.

I am so tempted to avoid WI tomorrow night but they are launching the new WW program at the meeting so I can't miss - I guess I need to face the consequences anyway! After WI I am trying a Bikrham Yoga class. If you have never heard of this you are doing yoga positions in a room heated to 40 degrees. Of course you sweat like mad, I am trying this as people tell me that the heat allows for a really deep stretch and I am looking to relieve some of the tension in my chronically sore lower back. I will post tomorrow about how it goes.

Thanks for hearing my confession.. hope it is the last one for awhile!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you may not want my comment as Im saying YAY and GO YOU!!

life is too short IMO and none of us are guaranteed tomorrow let alone another birthday.

the sweetness of your husband baking you a cake? beyond.

Im glad you had a good birthday and welcome you back on the proverbial wagon this week :)

Chrissie said...

Well gains happen. Sounds like you had a wonderful time though. Just get your self back on track and go on. You definitely don't want to miss the meeting. I can't wait for the new program. Sounds really cool.

SeaShore said...

That cake looks sooo good! What a sweet hubby you have.

Happy belated birthday!

Good for you for going to your WI!!