CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Blendergrl's Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kitchen Creativity

I have a few recipes from today's kitchen experiments that I would like to share with you. First is fish tacos for lunch. I did not follow a specific recipe - just pan fried some snapper in olive oil and spices. I marinated chopped cabbage in apple cider vinegar and agave nectar while the snapper cooked. Two whole grain flax tortillas, cabbage, snapper, tomatoes and some plain yogurt (drained over cheese cloth to make it really thick). These were delicious, next time I will make some kind of citrus salsa to go with them.


For dinner we had a recipe from the Jan/Feb issue of Clean Eating Magazine.

Spicy Turkey & Chickpea Burgers(Adapted from Clean Eating)

Serves 4 (or 2 with leftover patties)

1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed

3 green onions, white and green parts, chopped

1 clove garlic, chopped

1 tsp. ground cumin

1/4 tsp. chili powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

a handful of fresh parsley, chopped

2 TBS. Worcestershire sauce

3/4 lb. ground turkey

2 TBS. olive oil


These burgers were yummy, kind of half felafel half burger. Only 3 points per patty. Add in a whole grain bun, some sweet potato fries and steamed broccoli, the entire dinner was only 8 points!!


The last recipe is from the new Hungry Girl 200 under 200 cookbook. Pina Colada Cupcakes. I made these for a mother's day BBQ at my brothers house. If you like pineapple and coconut you will love these and they will only cost you 2 points. I am still trying to 'eat clean' but I did try a bite of one of these and it was really tasty. This book has lots of fun ideas and unique recipes - I have a few more planned to try this week.














4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow YOu had a busy cooking weekend! Everything looks yummy...most of all those burgers! :)

tj

JanetM97 said...

Mmmmmmm! Look at you creating your own recipe versions! Looks amazing! Thanks for the ideas! :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I just bought the 200 under 200, so I'll have to try out that recipe, it looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Whoa - awesome recipies!! I'm going to try these out later this week - thanks for posting 'em!